Puyallup South Cooperative Nursery School is a parent cooperative preschool run by the families, for the families. For parents who want to participate in their child’s early education, it offers an excellent choice. Cooperative preschools have a 50-year history in Washington State. The Tacoma-Pierce County cooperative preschools have been affiliated with Bates Technical College for more than 30 years. Under the guidance of Bates Technical College Home and Family Life Department, cooperatives have developed into small, non-profit corporations controlled by each school’s families.
To successfully operate our school, each family involved must make a commitment to participate in the school’s activities and operations. This commitment involves:
- Attending a Parent Training Session
- Classroom Participation
- Holding a Committee or Board Position
- Participating in Parent Education Activities
- Actively Supporting School Fundraisers
- Attending One School Clean-up Session