Meet Our Teacher
Hello! My name is Mrs Michelle. I’m so excited to be teaching preschool this year. I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself.
I was born in San Antonio, Tx but raised all over. My dad was in the Air Force, so we were stationed overseas most of my childhood. We ended up in Washington in 1996 and never left. I have three beautiful, kind, rambunctious boys (ages 4, 6 and 23). I have been teaching for 2 years. But before that I was a dispatcher and hairdresser/salon owner. We spend as much time as we can outside exploring and getting dirty. I love watching and playing sports, hiking, reading, traveling, and so much more but most of all I love being with my family. Currently, my family and I are in karate. I am an honor purple belt.
In addition to teaching here, this is my 4th year with with the preschool as a parent. My 6 yr old was in the yellow and green class and my 4 year old has been in the blue and yellow class. He’s very excited to start pre-K with us this year and my 6 year old will be starting 1st grade and is also excited. I can not wait to get to know you and your families and begin this new journey together.
The Preschool Teacher's Role
- Attends preschool each day the school is in session.
- Works closely with the Home and Family Life instructor at Bates Technical College regarding educational programs and the needs of the group.
- Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children's preschool, within the NAEYC guidelines.
- Sets up the preschool environment. Directs the preschool's daily schedule, supervising free play, clean-up, and leads group times with the children. Checks supplies often and sees that they are purchased.
- Directs the parents in their role as assistant teachers, making suggestions that will help parents to work effectively in the classroom with children.
- Models appropriate interactions with children, to include factual commenting, redirecting and problem solving.
- Attends board and preschool meetings sharing the curriculum and feedback regarding preschool happenings.
- Holds a current First Aid/CPR card
- Attends teacher meetings and in-services offered by Bates Technical College, as well as workshops and classes relating to Early Childhood Education.