The Preschool Teacher's Role
- Attends preschool each day the school is in session.
- Works closely with the Home and Family Life instructor at Bates Technical College regarding educational programs and the needs of the group.
- Plans and implements a developmentally appropriate curriculum for the children's preschool, within the NAEYC guidelines.
- Sets up the preschool environment. Directs the preschool's daily schedule, supervising free play, clean-up, and leads group times with the children. Checks supplies often and sees that they are purchased.
- Directs the parents in their role as assistant teachers, making suggestions that will help parents to work effectively in the classroom with children.
- Models appropriate interactions with children, to include factual commenting, redirecting and problem solving.
- Attends board and preschool meetings sharing the curriculum and feedback regarding preschool happenings.
- Holds a current First Aid/CPR card
- Attends teacher meetings and in-services offered by Bates Technical College, as well as workshops and classes relating to Early Childhood Education.